1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you put a Fisher 6'9" on a F150 or other 1/2 ton trucks?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beatle78, Dec 6, 2008.

1. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

2. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Asking to much for the plow it's only a LD 6' 9". you would need the old style push plates for it the new LD or now SD is 29 1/8 like all the other fisher plows are. and that would be to narrow for a f 150. So for pp you would spend 350 to 500 and wiring is probaly 150. and it is a old plow it is a MM1 and is a SHEP.

3. searlo45

searlo45 Junior Member

I know a guy that put a 6'9 on a silverado, he cut and welde his pushplates from his s-10, It did work, but it wasnt really wide enough for the truck. He did plow a few years with it though! sooo. with mods, it can be done.

4. smokefan20

smokefan20 Junior Member

i have the 6'9 on my 96 gmc k1500 and i actually like it. i dont do many driveways. i bought it mostly for doing my family's homes and i do about 5 other driveways. if i was going to do more driveways i would look into getting a bigger plow

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I remember moving my step fathers 6' 9" with my truck a couple years ago, and I never run anything under a 8HD on my trucks........?