1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can you put a blizzard 8-10' plow on a 2004 f-350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenworldh20, Nov 10, 2004.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

i want to install a blizzard 8-10 plow on my f-350 diesel...can this be done...plow seems like it is very 'heavy'. blizzard weighs just over a 1000 pounds...truck does have 'plow prep package'.

any feedback is appreciated.

2. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Yes you can no problem. I have installed one on a f250sd with a psd
    It handles the plow just fine.
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

thanks for the confirmation...

brian :drinkup:
  4. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

Just bought 3 of the 810's for my new F350 dumps. You're right, it is heavy. We put an extra spring in each of our trucks to add some strength.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

your truck will handle the weight fine but you will need some balast in the back. i think i had v code front springs, rated at 5200 lbs and just replaced them with x codes, rated at 6000 lbs. the reason i did was to raise the front up some, about 1 3/4" to even my truck out and i was close the the springs carring capaicty. i use about 950 lbs of steel for balast plus a snow blower and 150 lbs or so of salt. this brings me right to my GVWR.
  6. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Anyone know if putting a blizzard model 810 pwr. plow will work on a 2001 3/4 Dodge Ram with the Cummins High Output Diesel in it.
  7. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Dieseltroop did you ever get an answer to your quesiton? I would have PMed you but you have it turned off.