1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you identify this blade for me?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SAR Snowcat, Jun 24, 2009.

1. SAR Snowcat

SAR Snowcat Junior Member

CAN YOU HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS BLADE BEFORE I LIST IT FOR SALE? I RECENTLY PURCHASED IT AT A NAVY AUCTION OF EQUIPMENT FROM ANTARCTIA. IT MEASURES APPROX 9.5' WIDE (WITH THE SIDE WINGS ATTACHED) OR APPROX 7.5' WITH WINGS REMOVED. IT WEIGHS APPROX 1,200 LBS, APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN BARELY USED (ON ICE) AND HAS HYDRAULICS FOR 8 WAY OPERATION. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks, Keith (805) 340-1953

Attached Files:

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

It looks like it coulda been use to level the ground to put up shelters and make roadways?

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a snowmobile trail groomer blade. like ones on piston bully ?

4. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

It doesent look tall enough for one of those, cuz there like 6' tall. but it could be

5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Def. a groomer blade....

[​IMG]

6. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

those groomers are bad ass and are crazy exp. Ive driven one much better then plowing snow even at 5 mph lol.

7. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

I agree, looks like a blade off a LMC 1800 snowcat like in the last pic-