1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you ID this plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dieseltech8100, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dieseltech8100

dieseltech8100 Junior Member

So I have been trying to get my hands on a plow to do just a little bit of plowing around my place and see how I feel about having one before I invest some real money in a nice plow setup. A guy sent me some photos of a possible plow to trade me for something else I have. He didn't have many details on it other than it was on a ford pickup so I figured I would be best to check with someone here. Any help would be great because it's over an hour away and I am not going to waste a trip if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help

Keep in mind this is NOT going to be a commercially used plow. Everyone around here seems to have a plow so the money making oppertunities just aren't there without cutting throats.

PART_1361229471675.jpeg

PART_1361229471712.jpeg

PART_1361229472092.jpeg

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe an old Diamond V?

3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

thats what it looks like to me, how much is he asking/value of the trade?

4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Diamond. does it have the pump/valve block?

5. dieseltech8100

Now that I have a path to go with, I would agree that it is a diamond. As far as what all is with it, thats where it gets a little fuzzy.

The whole thing goes like this, my father purchased a 78 Travco 320 a number of years ago and it has had a few things done to it but still needs some more. I do not have the interest in it and have been thinking about getting a plow to throw on my truck to make moving snow more easy. I have also looked for other thngs in trade but it started out as me looking for a plow for my 96 Dodge 3500... I have had offers of junk, crap, scrap, and a few ok things. This was the ONLY plow so far so I have been looking into it. I don't think it would be a straight trade or that I would put it on my truck, but I was intrigued in this plow with the modern look but old styling...

The complicated part is, the guy that showed me this is not the owner. He owns a boat that the guy that owns the plow has been interested in. So he is trying to find out more information for me but I was tired of waiting.

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

lol sounds like that show "trading up"

Im not 100% but I think those plows use a belt driven hyd pump and the head gear would stay on the truck all the time but the blade would drop off. Soooo on your 96 you might have to move the bumper out or fab up something that would work. I guess you could retrofit a meyer tube frame to work and keep your truck looking stock?

Hard to tell the value without seeing it up close for any rust holes or any trip springs broken. parts might be hard to find.

Ian

7. dieseltech8100

Yeah I tend to shy away from it for the simple fact that it won't be a quick and simple setup. If I had a dedicated plow truck it might be a different story. I am still thinking I would be a lot more happy with a boss setup. Even an RT2... With as often as I would have the plow on, easy(ish) mounting and dismounting would be a better deal for me. However, if I ran an RT3 I would be able to mount a brush guard when I am not plowing.