1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you guys give me some help on pricing this out.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DAVID1963, Jan 7, 2008.

1. DAVID1963

DAVID1963 Member

2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Im not into the salt business yet, but just plowing, going by my lots, I would say easily $150-175.
    But what do I know, im new.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have a lot similar to that here only one of the parking lots is in the rear. Those parking spaces only take me 10 minutes to do and my min is $165.00, it only takes me 50 minutes to do on a 1-3

4. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I get $150 for a lot 2/3 that size with no access road and no sidewalks. Then I get $70 to salt on top of that. Hope that helps. But I am in NH also so pricing would be a little different.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Easy push, everything pushes down to the left
    45 minutes to an hour to push it plus salt

1" to 4"
    $125 to $175 to push it or so, plus salt (we don't use salt out here, only on walks, so I have no idea on salt)
    plus another $50 or so for the walkways. (hire one guy at $15/hour, he shoudl finish the walks by the time you finish the plowing)

It's a church isn't it?
    That's even better, only on Sundays do you have to worry about being open early (leadership meetings, etc) which are the same days you don't have to worry about your commercials being open early.
    IT's a nice mix, be worth bidding on the low side to help fill in your schedule.

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have to add to my post, that i don't do any of the walk ways(about 300 linear feet x 4 foot wide) they have a maintenance guy there to take care of that, looks like everybody is in the same ball park give or take for individual regions.