1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you fix a gouge?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wheelmanm80, Oct 19, 2008.

1. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

ok so i have a 7.5 foot meyers poly blade. i was wondering if there is a way to fix the gouges in the moldboard? i bought it used 2 years ago and last season it started to hold snow, i would like to know the best way of resurfacing it without one of those stick on things. and does wax or silicone spray help the snow roll off?
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

FLUID FILM will fix any sticking you have (Plow dealer or John Deer Dealer)

As for you gouge, what is it, deep scratch or a rip in the mold board? Got a picture?
  3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Pam cooking spray works well, but if you want the best results FLUID FILM of course!!!!!!!
  4. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

ive got some deep scratches in the moldboard. ill get some pics when i can bring my blade back my truck is in the shop right now. luckily my hubs are covered under warrrenty!!! but the poly is lookin alittle banged up no holes tho.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You can use a 3M automotive body panel adhesive, if prepared right it will stick well and you can sand it smooth, only thing is, it's black and will certainly show where you applied it.