1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you convert old Meyer EZ Mount Classic to EZ Plus?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 66 BADBOY, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

I currently have an old Meyer ST 7.5 (at least that is what I think it is) on my 89 Dodge right now. It is the old style hook up - the pump and lights stay on the truck when the plow is removed. It has two pins that lock the plow assembly into the pump/light frame. After looking at the Meyer website, its just like the EZ Mount Classic, but its not a round tube pump frame, its out of angle iron.

Can I adapt this plow to an EZ Mount Plus and put it on a 2006 F-150? That is about the only thing I can afford. I was hoping to be at $3000 for a nice new plow, but if you noticed in another thread I started, I'm realizing that kind of price is not possible.

Sooo.... this might be the only affordable option for me. Is this possible to do?

Thanks again guys!!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You could use your conventional style blade and A-frame with the EZ Classic style mount, but not the EZ-Plus without doing some fabrication work on the mounting ears at the rear of the A-frame and adding revisions for the jack stand.

Possible but not plug and play.
  3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yeah!, like he said. Ha ha. If you want to save some cash just look for a good used EZ plus, or even the newer stuff. I just run EZ classics, but I got them used when there wasn't as much "new and improved" stuff out there.