1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can You Adjust Pressure Relief Cylinders?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mercer_me, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My cylinders on my 7.5' Fisher SD seam to "give" to easy. It doesn't take much to make it relieve pressure. So I was wandering if you can some how adjust the amount of pressure it takes before the pressure relief "kicks in"?
  2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I don't know if you can adjust it ,but I'd rather have the blade turn when I hit something than blow a hose or bend something.
  3. tkmack

tkmack Junior Member
    from Ma.

4. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

There are 2 check valves on the side of the Insta act pump. One for each angle piston. They can be adjusted or may need to be replaced. If that doesn't work you may need to replace the angle pistons.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the advice. The plow is not even two years old so the angle pistons should be all good.