1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can use some help here on my lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plowzilla, Jan 31, 2011.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

My 1990 f350 just burned out two light switches. The headlights work but not the parking/ running lights. One of the wires going into the switch gets really hot. Any one have a clue on what it could be. P.S. I am running a new ultra mount with 2 plug harness. Thank you in advance.

2. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

do you have a lot of running lights on your truck? This was a pretty common problem with the older body style Fords. The best fix was to locate the wire for the running lights under the dash and wire it into a relay. I think they actually had a circuit in the under the hood relay box for doing this, it just had to be hooked up

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

yeah, found the problem. The wires going to the license plate were worn causing the problem. Thats a good idea to add a relay, thank you