1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can u identify the model?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snow, Jul 4, 2001.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

this is a truck my friend has. it is an old road tractor, he put a heil dump body on it, and in the winter it has a self contained fox v-box sander and an anderson 1-way plow. i'm just trying to get the model of this truck if anyone knows it, and what years they were built. i think it's an R model, but not sure.

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Close - the offset cab is a "U"-series, same basic cab/front clip as the R model but with the cab offset to the driver's side. As far as I know, the U-model pretty much paralells the R-model in years built (started back in '66 I think, continued on up into the '80's)
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Your right that is a U series Mack They had the off set cab and stub nose.That one looks like a converted tractor.
  4. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

good job cat320! lol. i like the old model b mack in my town, but the guy probably won't sell it soon. i like the Mack U model, and when i start my business want to get an R or U model mack s/a dump.

BTW- i just got the rolls of film back from the truck show
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Bryan My dream truck would be and R model 6 wheel with at least a 10' body on it has to have cast spoke wheels .A u model I would not recomend because they stoped making them a while ago and parts even though they seam they would be plentiful will not stay with the R model unless your going for the good old B model I drove a DM and the offset cab is nice but you can still get parts for them they are not off lne yet.Will the pics be in aseperate catagory on your site?