1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can tractor loader handle bx-12?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

We have a kubota m95x with loader that was purchased to replace a loader pushing a bx-12. Am I asking for trouble pushing this? The ag tractor loaders seem wimpy

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

3. Gr8WhiteNorth

Thanks, but no mention of Ag tractor application. The bucket of the tractor looks like its on the verge of snapping when I lift the bx-12. My shop guys are lacking confidence in the tractor setup. I think the bucket is a snow or light material bucket perhaps

4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I spent 25+ years in the attachment industry and somewhat familiar with that tractor and putting pushers/plows on tractor loaders. You have the horsepower to push it but I would be concerned with the durability of the loader/bucket with this big of a pusher on it. I would not recommend it.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Take the loader off and use a mount you'll have better lucj

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

x2. All of our pushers are QT. Adding a global plate to the front of your pusher should be much of a problem. Aloe makes Kubota's loaders and from my experience they're one of the best most durable farm loaders made. Over the last 20 years we've only bent 2. One was with a 14ft power angle blade and the other was loading snow. Big power angle blades seem to make the loader twist a lot more then a pusher. We've never bent a loader with a pusher on it touch wood but if a cowboy is driving it anything is possible.

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I never heard it being said that way. Down here we say knock on wood

I rather have a cowboy run my stuff. They always take care of what they are riding now a City slicker care less about things.

8. Gr8WhiteNorth

What is "QT"?

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

QT is the hook up plate

10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

In Colorado we have quite a few "cowboys". And they are professionals at trashing stuff!!

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i only know JD lol, what weight/size JD does it compare to ? is it considered a sub-compact still? we have the largest sub-compact JDs, 4720, struggled with a 10' protech with just rear concrete weight box ballast, but this year have rear tires filed and two of 3 optional rear wheel weights. Should be no problem now.

I wouldnt try a 12 footer on it, the 8' seems too small. Machine weights empty 4300+,

rear tires filled "guessing 600-900lbs each
    rear concrete ballast box 150lbs box, 1200-1300lbs concrete

Issue is traction, would spin all 4 tires usually when snow got heavy, 66hp, 2.4L 4 cyl, at 7-8mph, if it had the weight, it could push a 12 footer.

12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

actually, now after seeing how big this m95x is.. you'll have no problem. Whats the loader lift capacity? have rear ballast or wheel weights, if you don't you'll likely not push more than a 10' box.