1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can Toyota Get It's Own Forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mercer_me, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know I asked about this before and got shot down but, I figured I would ask again anyway.

The Toyota Tundra and Tacoma are both built in Texas with the majority of the parts built in America as well. I believe the Tundra has more American made parts than the GM 1500, Ford F-150, and Ram 1500. So, they are not import trucks. The Tundra is also not light duty compared to all the other 1/2 tons out there (my Tundra and other members' Tundras are proof of that). I don't think it's fair to put Toyota in the same category as Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Suzuki, etc. I was just wondering if we could revisit this. I understand if you don't want to make another forum.

Than you for your time,
    Will

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I'll let you know if we decide to add such a forum...I know it is grouped in with other brands, as it always has been, but maybe it's something we can consider in the future.

thanks for the suggestion

3. mercer_me

Thanks for taking it into consideration. All the Tundra owners and I really appreciate it. :salute:

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Just a thought... Maybe it would be better to just take away the (light duty) part of it? I don't know if that would make the op feel any better. I get that you cant have a thread for every kind of vehicle, and I suspect that there are far more Ford, Chevy, Dodge truck owners than all the imports combined on this site... IF you approve this, could we also have an SUV thread???ussmileyflag

5. mercer_me

Jeep has its own thread and from what I've scene there are more Tundra owners on here than Jeep owners.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Give then their own section and ditch the
    http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
    It only had a whopping 16 threads last year and 13 the year befor.

Or just Add the Toyota forum as m sure it would be used more that the above mentioned section

7. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I agree with mercer, I think Toyota should get there own forum. There are plenty of guys here that have Toyota trucks that plow, just as many as chevy or dodge, and definitely more than Jeep. Please let us have our own forum!!! Thanks

8. Michael J. Donovan

we decided that you are right and Toyota deserves its own forum so I just created that and moved some Toyota discussions into that forum

you can see it under the Trucks (where Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc, are located) or go directly to the forum here - http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117

9. mercer_me

The Toyota owners and I really appreciate it. Thank You!

10. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

What is this world coming too? Just kidding!! Congrats on the new addition. Now if we can just get that SUV forum goingThumbs Up:D

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can we get a forum for horse drawn plows?

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If he gets that I how about a section for human powered plows?

image.jpg

13. Michael J. Donovan

we had that one before...you were in charge of that forum, but you never received an invitation to join it ;)

ok, just joking...thanks guys and since I added the forum, I'm closing this thread down :waving:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.