1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can this be true?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2075595546.html

Can that actually be a 2002? I know the price is ridiculous regardless but i'm just curious. $17,500 is a bit of a stretch, i just looked at a 2002 Classic body style with the dmax, all real clean, 4*4 with plow for $16,500!!

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Looks like maybe a 1992, prob a typo.

3. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

No they did make that truck up until at least 01 or 02 the way you can tell is the full mirrors from the top of the door to the bottom of the window and the fender flares over the front wheels. Little pricey in my mind though.

4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I thought chevy ended that body style in '99 or '00 and gmc went until 2002?. I could be wrong, don't quite remember. Very clean looking truck, would be good to verify the year to see what it is worth.

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

From what i know they stopped that body style in 2000. Being an HD might have an effect on that though. Definately not a 92 since it has the 6.5 turbo in it. 92 would have been a 6.2. Clean truck either way!

6. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

Ya just looked it up the last year for that body style was 2000.

7. mrplow5885

mrplow5885 Junior Member

i believe that style 3500hd with the taller filler panel between the grill and bumper was only made 1999 to 2002.it was after the topkick and kodiak lines were sold and became their own division. all the 3500hds from that era were 2 wd but some were modified by places like monroe to have 4 wd. when they were modified they had a straight axle put in that resembles a ford or early gm and lift blocks added to the rear. they also have leaf springs at all four corners. from the factory they had straight axles up front. if you look at the frame under the back of the cab you can see a very large rear frame connecting to a smaller front frame section. you can also tell by the door handles. they have the topkick style door handles and 10 lug wheels. they still have all the same 6.5l td fuel problems as the regular 3500s and 2500s.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

they did make those trucks until 2002. I think they might have started them closer to 1990? Somewhere around that time frame. Those trucks will hold some serious weight, seen it done. I thought the 02's came with the Duramax thou? I know you could get the 8.1 in them.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I am pretty sure that style stopped in early 2001 for 3/4 and 1 tons it stopped in 98 for half tons. regardless those headlights and grille look older like 95ish. but it is a clean truck to say the least still to much though

10. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

2002 was the last year for the C cab/chassis trucks. 2003 the class 4-5 Kodiak/Topkick debuted. I have seen two golf cart haulers that were 02's with the 8.1 big block.