1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can this be right?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by durafish, Dec 29, 2012.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Where do you see it says 4.6? It should be a 5.8 or a 7.5

Edit. Googled it. It has to be a misprint.

3. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Ford never offered the 4.6 in a 250.

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

That what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Everything looks clean but they said the frame us rusty. What do you think the plow is worth, $3000? And another $2000??? For the sander.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Where do you see it says 4.6? It should be a 5.8 or a 7.5

dont forget it could be a 4.9,,,,5.0,,,,,or a 7.3..just saying

Ford never offered the 4.6 in a 250.

yea they did,,,but only in the 99.5-2004 years

That what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Everything looks clean but they said the frame us rusty. What do you think the plow is worth, $3000? And another $2000??? For the sander.

take a look at it yourself and see,,,hate to say it but dont take a salesmens word for it...another thing that looked odd/normal to me is the front tires looked bowed in at the top. this is customary for obs fords b/c of there front end. jack up the front and wiggle and jiggle everything...might need exstensive work

6. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Most likely has the ole 351W under the hood. My guess from the pics it needs front springs "weak" and ball joints to get the caster/camber back in alignment. Those quoted prices are way off. $6500 for a fisher plow will get you a NEW 9.5' stainless V-plow installed and you can buy a NEW 8' stainless Salt Dogg sander for $4500. Remind him that plow and sander are used and worth about half of the cost of a new one since you do not know the hours put on them. IMO that is too much money for that truck, i would offer $5k, $6k would be the max.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those look like hubcaps to me. Why would you put hubcaps over alloys?

Plow looks to be the highlight of the package. Did they offer the Xblade with the old school square headlights? Wondering if its a patch together X.

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think somebody wanted the intensifiers off that xblade for their mm1. Either that or they cracked the housing on the originals and that's what they had laying around. Woodchuck is right, start around $5k.

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My friends x blade came with the old lights. I think when they first came out that's how they where. 29 k That truck has done a lot of sitting. The frame might be rusty. Be worth a look if you were in the market for a cheep truck

10. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Ford NEVER offered the 4.6 in a superduty...which would be the only f-250 offered in the years you said. They did however put the 4.6 in some of the f-250's that would just beefed up 1/2 tons. You know the ones that looked like the f-150s....

11. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The light duty F250 or heavy half. Which the 4.6 was an option.

That whole ad seems screwy. As in some details, engine, transmission, miles, year... And those are not alloy wheels, they are wheel covers.

12. nnusskern

nnusskern Member

Says in ad their is rust underneath its way over priced I would run away from that truck seems like it could turn into a money pit very quickly.

13. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

What's with the rear bumper? Looks like it's bent up.

Engine could have been swapped. One can only guess why somebody would do such a thing...engine failed and that's what was available? Wanted the better engine for another truck? Then again with the other inconsistencies in the ad it's probably just plain wrong about the engine. Wouldn't be the first time a car salesman (or the kid they hired to put ads on CL) didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Sitting and rotting, instead of being driven and maintained, is hell on vehicles.

What vehicle in RI doesn't have rust underneath?

14. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Possibly has a 460 and the dealership made a typo

15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

That would be nice. You are probably right. My friend has a stake body that vintage with one

16. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

And the 4.6 that was offered in the new body style F-250 Light Duty (later re-named F-150 7700 package) of that vintage was the old 2 valve / non-PI head version putting out a whopping 210 HP. Better hope it doesn't have that motor in it.