1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can this be put on my truck?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DocJohnson, Jan 2, 2010.

1. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

Not to sound stupid, but I am not real fimiliar with installing a plow on a truck. I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 and was wondering if this could be mounted on my truck and what other things I would need other than what is shown to do so. How much additional money would I be throwing into this setup to make it complete. I am obviously trying to get out of this as complete package, but for as short of money as possible. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Are you asking about a specific plow or any plow? Your 2500 has lots of plow options. It can do it.
  3. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

Sorry, the plow in my post from craiglist
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

go to each mfg website and use there match link to see what your options are.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If I may be so bold all you have there is a money pit. Not even a plow side pump which means you need EVERYTHING in addition to all new wiring.
  6. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

Bold works for me, which is why I asked. You just saved me a mistake!
  7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Nevermind B&B beat me to it.
  8. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

If I were you I would look for a Fisher MM2. It will be more modern and a mount for it will be easy to locate for your truck if it doesnt come with one.

***Edit*** MM2 stands for Minuit Mount 2
  9. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

I have been, but I have limited funds to put a plow on this truck. Looking to spend around $1500
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yes it can go on, but like it's been said you will need all controls. $300 bucks? Hmmm..had any plows stolen lately?
  11. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

i actually called about that plow last night..its a legitamate plow, his truck got totalled and all he haleft is the plow..
  12. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Listing is gone.......Maybe, you bought it?....Is the plow complete, with mount?
  13. festerw

festerw Senior Member

When the listing was up last night there was no truck mount, truck wiring or pump.
  14. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Pass (imo)

There are better was to have a project plow..........keep looking.
  15. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

There was a guy in Ma on here selling a Sno pro 3000 by curtis cheaper than that. Thats what I run and love it. Then you will have some money left for the mount for your truck. Ill find it for ya.....

Here it is. Not sure of its status. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=93442&highlight=curtis+for+sale
  16. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

Thanks man, I sent him a pm. Hopefully he still has it, but i doubt it at that price!