1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can this be done or am i nuts to try

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by awdls2, Jul 12, 2012.

1. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

I currently have a 99 f250 w a 2 plug mm1 on it. I'm looking to trade it in for a 2002 chevy avalanche 2500. obviously push plates won't work but can I make the wiring work? I figure I splice in the blinker and running light wires so it would only be the headlight plugs in question right?? Can I buy just the headlight plugs and swap them over? If so anyone know what wire would go where...

Orrrr is there way more to it and I'm crazy to even try?

Thanks in advance
    Justin

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

so, that's relay wiring, right? with two little square 30 amp relays to switch the lights?
    on the 99-02 chevy's they started having to use 6 relays. the conversion kit you would need would be 63394, which has the other 4 relays, the correct headlight harness, and some other little parts. but they just started discontinuing those last year. You can probably still find one somewhere.
    After they are all gone one would have to change everything over to isolation module wiring.

3. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

Ok thank you. Ill have to start searching. i thougt i may be able to just get away with switching the headlight harnesses but ill look into this. still cheaper then buying a whole new harness im sure

4. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

Just to make sure the western wiring kit is the same right?

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

oops. The number I gave you is a Western number. I guess I'm not positive that Fisher WAS the same back when they used relay wiring. When we started handling them they had already changed to isolation module wiring and then Western followed suit a few years later.
    so I might have misinformed you. IS your wiring relay?

6. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

yes it is realy wiring. I checked out the wiring diagram for the part number you provided it looks like it may be the same...mabey someone else on the site will chime in. but it looks like it to me. hard to tell but when i googled the part number the first store that poped up said western part number_______ then said fits fisher so id assume it a win

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Just convert the plow to 3 plug and pic up a 3 plug set up for the truck. The you can always upgrade to a mm2 plow down the road.. Its not cheap for 3 plug if fairly trouble free. I would never use that old 2 plug wiring.

8. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

well i ended up getting a 04 chevy 2500hd. Im thinking that I can do the swap nearlybird mentioned but just out of curriosity if i was going to change it over to a three plug set up does anyone know the part number for my truck? all the searches I run seem to come up w 29048 but that is just the head light harness and doesnt include the iso module or plow controls which I am assuming I would need...or can my 2plug ford harness be converted to a three plugg chevy harness a differnt way???

Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it

9. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

will this part work for my truck side

http://www.storksauto.com/index.php...gmc-hb3-hb4-9-pin-control-wiring-harness.html

I know it say 99-02 but i cant see any reason as to why it would not work. i dont believe the head light bulbs changed... any one know any good reason as to why it wouldnt work for an 04 2500hd?

Im just trying to find a cheaper option then having to sink 500 into the truck side harnes to go to isolation modual then who knows how much to switch the plow side from 2 plug to 3 plug

Thanks a lot guys!

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no that 63392 for the 99-02 is different than the relay wiring for 03-06. The relay wiring harness kit for the 03-06 would be 64077, and you still wouldn't have high beams on your plow lights, but most people don't mind that. That is one of the harness kits that was discontinued last year though (so is the 63392 that you found). the 64077 would have all the wiring for the truck except for the battery cables and solenoid.

to change to isolation module wiring (which is what Western figures currently since they don't sell that 64077 anymore), would take that 29048 and a 29070-1 module, and then a 28055 has most of the rest of the wiring for the truck. then you'd also need the 56131k-2 solenoid and a 22511K battery cable.
    then to convert the relay wiring plow to iso - you need a 26359 harness to go to the coils on the power unit (that's your third plug), and either replace the lights with a 64100 or rewire your old ones with a 26377. the easiest way is to change them and keep your old lights for spare parts, or keep them to put back on the plow if you want to convert it back to relay.

11. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

Wow sweet info man! That's got al the part numbers and everything! Thank you!!

12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no problem! I love to help.

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I forgot to mention that if you do get the 64077 relay harness kit, that you CAN have high beams on the plow lights if you change the lights to the 64078's. that's the 11 pin instead of the 9 pin. they look basically the same, but are identified by the strain relief where the harness comes out of the bottom of the housing being white plastic instead of black.

14. awdls2

awdls2 Junior Member
    from nh

Sweet good info thanks so much man uve been a huge huge help.

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you're welcome. :) good luck

16. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey awdls FYI If you need more help on the fisher stuff try callin Langs.think there in your neck of the woods and ryan is good PeopleThumbs Up they are on here but dont remember his avatar Name look em up