1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can the TGS07 Spread Sand?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowguy43, Dec 3, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm really looking into this spreader as I don't have the business for a Vbox but most of my accounts want sand on their driveways (its a maine thing, everything gets sanded and barely ever salted).

Most sand is fairly heavy and of course wet, but not solid/clumpy/etc. As of now, I run tube sand/sand box sand through my SUV Spreader at about 100-150lbs per time so it doesn't get stuck/clogged. It does well but this type of sand is so fine that it really doesn't help a ton with traction. So I end up using a LOT of sand and it takes much more time.

Long story short, Can this spreader spread heavier sand? Thanks

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes it can - that was a big factor in its design. We ran everything we could find through it, and with the auger and vibrator, we got everything through it.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That is awesome, thank you for the answer. I'll be ordering one of these soon.