1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can the "Side Wing" handle Rangeley?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWERSTROKEFURY, Nov 8, 2004.

1. POWERSTROKEFURY

POWERSTROKEFURY Junior Member

Checked out a new "Side Wing" for the 1 Ton F-350. Little skeptikal about the whole thing coming from a '89 F-350 with an 8' Cox Wing. Like to know if anyone had any comments about it. Where I live is in Rangeley, ME. and we get a lot of HEAVY, DEEP snow. First dump last year was a record of 41/2'. This thing NEEDS to with-stand a good beating, let me know what you guys think.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've been to Rangeley in the winter. I've also seen the Sidewing setup. It'll do fine.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard nothing but good things from people running them on their trucks.

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Don't think we got that much last year! I think I would have to upgrade my equipment a little for that kind of snow. Now I know what you guys say about "plowing with the storm" I have never had to push more than 8" at one time.

5. sidewing

sidewing Junior Member

Hi Powerstrokefury:

I think if you do a search, you'll find some posts by nsmilligan on sidewing. He uses it outside of Halifax, N.S. where they get some serious snow.

I believe that he has over 1000 hours of use of his Sidewing in 3 years, and has plowed several feet of snow at a time with it.

Reg
    Sidewing Snowplows

6. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

We just finished our frist strom of the season, over 3' of heavy wet snow, in fact it knocked out power to a lot of the province, some parts, my house included was out for 4 days. The secert of the Sidewing and the reason it's patented ( original design came from Sweden where they get a lot of winter) is that it's mounted just ahead of the rear axle. My truck will push more snow with the wing down then up, because it will keep the truck straight.

Bill

7. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Here's a pic of my truck, 04 GM 3500 SRW 8.1, allison, 9.5 Fisher V.

Bill

snow strom 009 (Small).jpg

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I see your driveway is like mine. The last one I get to and then it is so bad I have to use the bobcat. Just like the mechanic who's car needs the most repairs. Quite the storm. I am now just recovering. How are you doing?

9. WELDER

WELDER Member

rangely me is a great place. say hi to my friends at rivers edge ! :waving: