Snow Plowing Forum banner

Can the "Side Wing" handle Rangeley?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  WELDER 
#1 ·
Checked out a new "Side Wing" for the 1 Ton F-350. Little skeptikal about the whole thing coming from a '89 F-350 with an 8' Cox Wing. Like to know if anyone had any comments about it. Where I live is in Rangeley, ME. and we get a lot of HEAVY, DEEP snow. First dump last year was a record of 41/2'. This thing NEEDS to with-stand a good beating, let me know what you guys think.

#4 ·
POWERSTROKEFURY said:
First dump last year was a record of 41/2'.
Don't think we got that much last year! I think I would have to upgrade my equipment a little for that kind of snow. Now I know what you guys say about "plowing with the storm" I have never had to push more than 8" at one time.

#5 ·
Hi Powerstrokefury:

I think if you do a search, you'll find some posts by nsmilligan on sidewing. He uses it outside of Halifax, N.S. where they get some serious snow.

I believe that he has over 1000 hours of use of his Sidewing in 3 years, and has plowed several feet of snow at a time with it.

Reg
Sidewing Snowplows

#6 ·
We just finished our frist strom of the season, over 3' of heavy wet snow, in fact it knocked out power to a lot of the province, some parts, my house included was out for 4 days. The secert of the Sidewing and the reason it's patented ( original design came from Sweden where they get a lot of winter) is that it's mounted just ahead of the rear axle. My truck will push more snow with the wing down then up, because it will keep the truck straight.

Bill

#8 ·
I see your driveway is like mine. The last one I get to and then it is so bad I have to use the bobcat. Just like the mechanic who's car needs the most repairs. Quite the storm. I am now just recovering. How are you doing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.