1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can someone please help here

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Landscaper 70, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

I have a brand new F-650 Dump truck. I know I need a seperate or central hydraulic system to put a tailgate spreader on. So about a month ago I dropped it off to a place here in Metro Detroit (I will not say the name)and it sat for 1 month supposedly for parts to put a belt driven hydraulic system to run just the spreader. Every week it was promised it would be done and nothing. So I finally got pissed of and picked it up today with NO work done to it.

Does anybody know of anyone in the metro detroit area or anywhere near that of someone that is capable of doing this rather quickly. I need a belt driven hydraulic system and a stainless tailgate salt spreader. If not maybe someone can tell me where I can get the parts for this.:confused:

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

spreader tailgate

I would try weingards they are in the phone book under lawn equiment.I amgoing there monday to buy a spread ez tailgate spreader,I have been shopping around and they are close and been around for awhile. If that doesnt work try Monroe equiment in Flint on hill rd.
    They do alot of big truck stuff.

Regards Mike

P.S. I hope to god it snow like they say.

3. PlowRider

PlowRider Junior Member

spreader tailgate

check your pm.. Sent you a couple links to local places hope that helps??

4. graylawn1

graylawn1 Junior Member

ABCO IN TOLEDO OHIO ASK FOR STEVE AND YOU HEARD IT FROM BIG JIM. (419)-536-6123

5. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

There's Cannon Eng. was in Troy, and NBC Truck. I had mine done at Cannons. Cannon moved out to 26 mile Rd. I think NBC is in Roseville?

6. Land Design

Land Design Member

do not use cannon. use anybody but cannon. And yes i'm speaking from experience

Land design

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

cannon is a great company to deal with, not sure why you had a bad experience but they did a great job building me a custom alum. leaf box for my ez-dumper.

everything done the right way the first time, tony is and awesome guy to deal with.

leaf trailer 1.jpg

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

If you already have a dump bed than you already have a hydro setup, don't you?

9. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

Wow

Nice Setup there Big Bad Ram, what did something like that cost?

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I'm certain that Monroe, (the one here in Flint/Grand Blanc, anyways) is way, way backed up. You MAY want to ask Knapheide/Jursik, here in Flint, though. Their # is 810-238-0100. I hope this helps.

11. tsr770

tsr770 Junior Member
    from SE MI

Also could check out Kalida Equipment in Toledo, OH. I would say we could do it at my work, Great Lakes Western Star in Monroe, but we are swamped with trucks off the road with all this weather were having.

12. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

Kalida

Go there and see butch or bill, very good prices and service.

1-800-824-8102
    www.kalidatruck.com