1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can someone give me a Part #

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chcav1218, Jan 20, 2010.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I need a part number for the brake wiring harness that a electric brake controller plugs in to. Help appreciated

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0 4wd

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just heard over to any auto parts store or Uhaul Chris, they all carry them and will know exactly what you're referring to so no real need for a p/n. Usually cheaper local too.

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thnx ill do that!

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Okay so I went to Pep Boys and I was looking at controllers, and I also saw the cables that they sell with them to make them match up with the particular truck, but what im confused about is where this plugs in. Some people have told me in the glove box but there definitly isn't a plug in there, and some people have told me to look under the dash, but all I have is an OBD-II port. I'm asumming this means I don't have a prewired truck. When I asked this question, the guy didn't know what to tell me. What am I missing?

5. If you have the factory tow package the hook up is under the dash to the left of the steering column.

The part number for the plug in one through Valley Towing is 30510.
    www.valley.us.com.
    Hope this helps. If not, p.m. me and I will try to help further.

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I had a factory harness installed. Is this plug under the black cover that i see with a plastic nut on a screw holding it on

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Probably not, it should be out in the open. Look for a harness wrapped up in electrical tape.

The reference to the glove box was probably because they often stowed in there from the factory, at least I think so.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Yes that's exactly where it is, it should be the slot on the top row, second in from the left....the back of that cover you are taking off will verify this.

He is looking for where to plug the harness into, not the harness itself

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thanks man i had a feeling I was on the right track