1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can someone explain the fleetflex option

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mass1589, Feb 22, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

ive been seeing these fleetflex fisher plows online can someone chime in and explain them alittle bit?

overall design difference from classic three plug
    why fisher did it
    what you need to wire into the truck side of the vehicle for them
    anything els im missing

just looking to learn more about them:mechanic:
    thanks

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Well fisher did it because you can use any fisher plow with fleet flex wiring on one truck.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You only need one controller and truck for any plow, with one set of wiring. So you could run a straight blade one second, then hook up to your buddys XLS or V to clean up a lot or something.

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

What they said. I'm just confused on wiring my truck for both so I can still use 3 plug plows.

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

What are you confused about? Install the multiplex wiring and just attach the specific control harness you want to use to your light harness at the time.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It's not difficult, you're just adding 1 Harness (2 pieces), and a controller. The 2 harnesses are $90-$120 per, and the controller you can get for $175-$350 depending on where you buy. ANY multiplex controller will work if you're looking for used.

In order to switch between the multiplex and non multiplex system (2 plug / 3 plug setup), you'll need to open the hood, and swap out 2 of the connectors between the control harness and the lighting harness (or ISO if running a 4 port ISO). If you expect to bounce between the two systems frequently, or want them linked up from the get go, you can make a harness to do so ...Thread

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

i dont know why i didnt get it before but now i do. thanks!