1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can quick connect fail in only 1 direction?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Clearprop, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Clearprop

Clearprop Junior Member

Can a quick connect fail in only 1 direction of hydraulic flow? My isarmatic cable operated plow will only angle in 1 direction to the passenger side. Have checked everything else. Problem surfaced shortly after I changed the hose and coupling.
    Thanks,
    Erik

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yup, probablly bought the pin type also which are notorious for having problems.

3. farmer1009

farmer1009 Junior Member

So are you saying not to get the pin type hose and couplers. I am getting ready to order new lines, and don't want something known to have problems.

4. Crash935

Get the ball type couplers.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree.................

6. Crash935

Get GOOD couplers made in the us, something by Parker and i cant think of the others. Many of the pin type come from China and the tolerances are so broad that its hit or miss with them.

7. Clearprop

Clearprop Junior Member

Quick connect couplings can fail in only one direction. I just proved it. BTW it was a ball type coupling that failed. As soon as I replaced it the plow would angle both ways. Thanks for the info

Erik

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

safeway is the brand western sells.