1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can Pro wings be installed on super duty 7'-6"?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by watatrp, Sep 9, 2010.

1. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

Don't know if pro wings can be installed on a 7'-6" super duty plow or not.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's an '03 or newer with the diagonal moldboard bracing they'll go right on once the appropriate holes are added. Older ones with the rear moldboard boxing take some additional work but can still be installed.

3. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

Thanks. I'm guessing that I have the older one since the bracing is vertical. Do you know what the additional work entails?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need to cut a large hole (4" hole saw works good) through the rear box bracing so you can reach into them to install/remove the pin and washer so you can mount/dis-mount the wings.

5. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

I found some installation instructions. It looks like a 1 1/8" hole is what is required for the pin to be installed. The washers and lynch pin then go on the backside of the blade. Is there something I'm not seeing here?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Re-read my first post, if you don't have the box bracing behind the moldboard there's no extra work involved other than what the paperwork you have reads. If it does have the box bracing then a large hole in that bracing is needed to access the lynch pin.

7. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

Here's the backside of my plow. I should not need to drill a 4" hole correct?

plow.jpg

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nope not on that one. :salute: