1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can not believe AN AGGREGATE PAVED DRIVEWAY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pa Teeny, Nov 5, 2014.

1. At a local Ski resort the wealth property owner was talked into an aggregate driveway only 100' on a steep hill. I am thinking of dropping the client as salt will ruin it...calcium carb is the only answer...sand yea what a pain to keep dry and from freezing up....help.

Thanks

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

And you'll need to sweep it, unless you have a poly edge on your plow.

If he can afford exposed aggregate drives, he can afford the upcharge in snow removal (necessary to avoid damage).

3. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Hopefully the exposed agg is not sealed. I had one last year that was sealed without adding any anti-slip material to the sealer. It was like walking on greased glass Total PITA! Ended up having to use a snow blower on it. Rubber cutting edge was leaving marks all over the place. I agree with the broom approach. I think that is the only good solution that will not cause damage.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.......

5. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

What do you mean bt aggregate? Asphalt, packed stone, loose stone?

6. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

In the trades ea means concrete with an exposed (washed) stone (pebble) surface.