1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can my batteries handle it?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by green leaf, Dec 24, 2005.

1. green leaf

green leaf Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a question about my 2001 2500 diesel ram. I will be installing a snow ex 1875 soon and was wondering if I would have a problem with drawing too much power from the batteries. It is set up with two batteries but I also have the plow, CB, rear plow lites and plug in warning strobe running as well. I'm wondering if there are any unforeseen problems I may run into that any one may have already encountered.

Thanks Darren
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 and run all the same equipment you do except I have a SnowEx 1075 spreader, and 2 sets of rear work lights, and I have no problems with dual batteries. I have never tried to run the plow at the same time as the spreader though....don't know why you would but that would probably be a problem...Good Luck!:salute: :salute:
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

no- no major problems. You will almost NEVER run the sander at the same time as you're pushing snow......

Just do the normal battery maintenance regularly- you'll be fine with the diesel setup.
  4. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Should run fine.