1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can my 2009 GMC 2500hd hold an 8ft Hinker V Blade

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by mstapper, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mstapper

mstapper Junior Member
    from Iowa

Wonering if my new truck can hold an 8ft Hinker V Blade, Website says Hinker Blade weighs aprroximately 900 lbs, front axels of truck can handle 4,200. Is This Safe?

2. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

wat engines in it

3. mstapper

mstapper Junior Member
    from Iowa

6.0 V8 Gas, I have herd the front axel rating is not enough for a V blade, the axel rating is 4,200

4. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

then i should be good we had the diesel l with the timbers and its like a champ a little sage on the front but once u get a bed full of salt it looks good but id go for it cuz the diesel is a lot big and still holds up

5. agustofson

agustofson Junior Member

we had a 9' poly v on an 07 2500hd w/6.0 and it handled it fine. probably want to put some timbrens or something up front to help out a little.

6. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

there are 2 types of front axles in that year. 4200 and 4800. they used the 4800 with the snow plow prep. check with your plow rep. on what type you can put on, in western s case, you can put up to a 9 ft plow on the 4800 axles but only a 7 1/2 on a 4200