1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can Minute Man 1 fit 08 Super Duty?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by capt caper, Aug 15, 2007.

1. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I have a excellent MinuteMan 1 SEHP and would like to keep it. I'm getting a 08 Super Duty..F350 Diesel...Someone mentioned it may not fit that the head gear frame will contact the front bumper..

anyone know for sure if it has been done.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It should be ok. Might have a light bracket issues but that should be easier to handle. The jackstand sits farthest back and I have not noticed a difference between my MM1s and MM2s in terms of its distance from the bumper on similiar trucks.

By the way you will need to change the wiring on the plow to the three plug system as that will be the only truckside wiring you can get.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just so you know it's MinuteMount :) just hate to have you look like and idiot at the plow dealer and then they screw you over somehow

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

And like flipper said, when you see the price of all the new wiring, it may change your mind as to keeping that plow as i'm sure it's gonna be real costly! I don't know if you have to change the entire pump to the insta act system as i'm not sure if the SEHP pumps can be used with a three plug configuration!

5. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Thanks ..... I feel like an idiot. I got it as a kit and assembled it back in 99. But somehow missed something.:dizzy:

Cheers

6. Flipper

from CT

No the SEHPs can be changed to 3 plug. I have switched mine over. You need new lights and the two harnesses on the plow side.

For the truck you need the mount and then the isolation system, but you need to buy this for any Fisher plow

Probably will cost you $1500 which if the plow is in good shape is a lot better then $4000 or more for a new plow.

7. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

You are saying you have a SEHP and have switched from 2 to 3 ? If so what is the 3rd.one for?

I was going to do it myself....install pushplates,wiring...just have to get kit numbers for conversion.

Capt.

8. Flipper

from CT

The original 2 plug system had one plug with two big pins that ran hi amp power and ground The second plug had three control wires for plow funations and all the light wires, a bunch of little pins.

To make it compatible with v-plows the isolation system has three plugs. One still for hi amp power and ground so you can leave that on the SEHP. The second is just for the lights and the third controls plow functions. To replace the plow side you need a new set of lights, it will have the plug on it. A plowside control harness, it will also have the plug. Connect the three wires from it to the SEHP mathcing the colors.

On the truck side you will need the complete isolation wiring system and you need to tell the plow dealer what truck it is for including headlight style. Better yet bring the truck when you go to buy the parts. The isolation system makes it almost a complete plug in under the hood.

I am at home otherwise I would give you part numbers. I will grab the book today an try to post tonight.

9. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

That would be great..... I will be doing the work myself like before.. so the numbers would be great..

Also I thought I saw on the Fisher site there is an updated installation instructions for a 2 plug system ..I'll have to look further but if I'm seeing it right I wouldn't have to get new lights..and go 3 plugs..

There is a 3 plug module and and 4 plug one.. I'll have to study further to figure it out unless you see something ..

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  10. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

What you need

Capt these are the part numbers you NEED to put your Minute Mount SHEP onto your 08 FORD Super Duty.
    7183 Mount
    26070-1 ISO
    26347 Harness
    26359 Harness
    21294 Harness
    63411 Harness
    26345 Harness
    29049 Harness
    28330 Headlight Bracket

11. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

thanks

I've got it..Just got to wait for the truck to come in..

Have you done a conversion like this? If so any problems? air dam?

12. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

We do these swaps all the time, and have all the parts in stock.
    Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

13. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

IMHO I think you'd be better of selling your current MMI and updating to a MMII, Give the guy up in Ipswitch a call for a hardley used MMII, in the end I don't think it's going to be all that much more$$$

14. Flipper

from CT

I think the MMIs were better built plows. The tubed headgear is going to be a problem in the future when it starts to corrode from the inside out. Also on the MMIIs they did away with the sector bar that was part of the blade. Instead they went to a longer pivot pin, I think that is a mistake on a trip edge plow.

FYI I have both MMI and MMII plows as well as a V and a conventional mount (OLD STYLE FISHER)

15. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Flipper I have the longer pivot pin blade now. I had bent and cracked the mounts on the original blade were the angle pistons mount to the blade. The pin mount was pushing threw the blade. That was typical for these. I saw lot's of them ..this way..

The new long pivot pin has held up well and when in the full up position it doesn't bounce around like the other style did..

Capt.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  16. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

My plow is in excellent shape as I always washed it, WD'd it fully Then stored it in my garage during season. After the season I WD'd and covered it with a custom Sunbrella cover. The blade is the longer pivot pin one and it has no rust at all. I know the SEHP and can get parts still to fix it. Why spend $2200 plus from Ispwich and then another$1300 on the truck side and still have a used plow?