1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can it be done

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Aug 20, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

friend of mine has a few two plug trucks and plows and one three plug truck with its own three plug plow.He is wondering if there is a way to make a harness that he could adapt to his truck for the two plug plows?
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

3. chevyzrule810

no hes looking to move his two plug plows with his only three plug truck.His workers take the two plug trucks home
  4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I think he want's to move SEHP plows with an Insta-act set up truck.

Chevy look at the Mechanics Guides on the Fisher website for SEHP and Inst-act straight blade plows and it will give you the wiring schematics with wire colors, functions and their locations in the grille plugs, the HT series Mechanics guide will give you the function locations of the 11 pin grill plug on the Insta-act set up. If your going to try it, make a prototype with wires and butt connectors for the female plugs and pin connectors for the male plug (you'll need different sizes to fit the pins snugly enough) and if it works buy the proper repair ends make splice them and there's your conversion harness.
  5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I know someone that has done that.
  6. chevyzrule810

Hes doing work to his shop so hes been moving them around and is looking for something like what you described.I was thinks something with repair ends spliced on to it.