1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can it Be done?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by scottystyles, Dec 8, 2011.

1. scottystyles

scottystyles Junior Member
    from CT

Hey Ya''ll i have a 7 1/2 foot 2 wire fisher plow and wiring and a 2005 Chevy 1500 hd ... can this be mounted and operational ? Local plow install company says it cant be done but wouldn't give me a reason why.. so it has me puzzled? maybe its not plug and play but i don't see why it couldnt be installed somehow... please help!

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Do you have the Fisher mounts for the truck side? What kind of fisher plow? If it's a MM1 or 2 there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do the job other then they don't want too.

3. scottystyles

scottystyles Junior Member
    from CT

ill have to check tomorrow on the mm1 or 2 how do i determin that? and i have a mount but its from an older chevy so i may have to buy that unless its only a minor mod needed to attach to my truck.. i think its from a 96 chevy

4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

IF you have a truck side mount that old it should be a MM1 and you would need a new truck side mount, but as far as the plow it would still work. The differenve in them are the MM1 has the pins to lock it onto the truck mount , but the MM2 has a lever on the drivers side only to lock the plow into place. The wiring is also different, but you can make the 2 plug work and it takes a little more time to install. Just my 2 cents

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are going to need the mounts for your 05 your going to need mounts # 7169. If the mounts are off a 96 1500 they are # 7138 or # 7125 off a 2500.You can tell if its a minute mount 2 a few ways.One is it is a three plug,two a lever that locks both drivers and passengers pins into the pushplates,three is it will have a cable attached to the lift arm which runs down to the a-frame, the a-frame is also bigger on the mm2 and has a spring attached to it.Four the lift arm is a little bigger and more rounded off.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

.......and 5, it should say minute mount, or minute mount 2 on the lift arm (triangle piece that the chain is attached to.). Unless of coarse it's been painted over.

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

of course I forget to state the obvious.Ryan do you know if I can get the minute mount 1 label for the lift arm.I also noticed they sell a universal blade label kit Part # 28549. Do you know what that kit includes? $45.00 seems pricey

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm not sure about that...When I had bought the sticker kit, it came with the splash, 4-5 warning labels for the back of the blade, and a mounting guide. It didn't have the one for the top of the lift arm, and I had installed a new MM2 style lift arm, so I never looked into it.

The MM2's decal can be had...but as I'm sure your aware, they're more of a 3D emblem. Messer has a label guide on their wall...I've never been able to find it within the online directory. I'll look for you when I go back that way.

9. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

minute mount one you got to jump left to right to disconect the plow from the truck with those pin

minute mount 2 you got a handle on driver side to unlock the locking pin

and if dealer say they dont want to do it its probaly an speed cast
    the plow disconnect form the head gear and head gear say on truck on all the time
    its ilegal on 94 and up truck

10. ritchiegilbyemt

ritchiegilbyemt Junior Member

illegal ??? maybe in QC not here in NS

11. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

no its an u.s. thing as far as i know, but fisher dealer stop support speedcast because of it
    they say if you hit an other car with head gear on without a plow you wil make more damage

Any pickup/SUV built after Jan 94 cannot have a permanently attached plow mount extend past the front bumper

speed cast for gm 88 to 95 fitt up to 99 but fisher say no because of that law

i can t find a link to it but i am sure someone here can find it

12. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Do you have the truck side wiring from that 96 chevy?