1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by allstarlawncare, Feb 11, 2011.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

I am looking for a different truck for plowing i want to have a bigger plow on the truck. I currently plow with a 2007 ford f150 and am looking to get an f250 or f350. are the f250s with the 5.4l capable of pulling a decent sized trailer easily? I am thinking the biggest I would pull is a 16ft trailer with a couple zero turns and then sometimes I would be pulling a dump trailer with some mulch, but thats not that often and I would not be going more than 10 or 15 miles with the dump trailer.

Please let me know what you guys have experienced with these. I just cannot justify a diesel with the work I am going to be doing. Or can I?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No problem here with my F250's,
  3. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 08 crew cab with the 5.4. Pull a 16' everyday with one mower and has no problems. Also pull a dump trailer with 8-10 yds of mulch with no problem. Plow with it also getting average 6mpg or so from time i start plowing untill the time i shut truck off at end of storm.
  4. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

thanks for the input guys. Is there any problems I should be worried about with those trucks?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No. It's not a Chevy.:rolleyes:
  6. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Ya just remember no automaker builds anything to last, you can expect to repair or replace eventually,,,,,,you decide
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

If you want more power, look for a V10 instead.
  8. oppi2010

oppi2010 Junior Member

i have a 2000 f250 with 5.4 and i have pulled dump trailers with 5 yds of black dirt it had alittle hard time but not bad i think you should be fine