1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can it be done? Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ford6.0V, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Ford6.0V

Ford6.0V Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have an 06 ford f250 diesel that I just bought a unimount v plow for. but the problem is the truck has a full Ranchhand front replacement bumper on it. And removing it is not an option as I don't have the stock bumper, and I like the look of the aftermarket one to much to take off. Has anyone ever modified the plow mount to go in front of the ranchhand bumper? If anyone has I like to see some pictures of how it was done. Thanks

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Sure it could be done. I would never do it though. I would trade for a stock or 2012 front bumper. Depending on how far out it sticks it would put stress on the front and being as the bumper is heavy you would be probably around 1200lbs on the front.I know you want to keep it but honestly it isn't practical, I would really think about it.

3. Ford6.0V

Ford6.0V Junior Member
    from Iowa

the ranchhand bumper sticks out about 4" past the front end of the truck. so the plow would be out pasted that.

4. durafish

from 02919

If its only 4" you may be fine as a stock bumper is about that. But yea the plow has to be infront of the bumper.

5. Ford6.0V

Ford6.0V Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah its not that much farther out then a stock bumper. but its just enough that custom plow brackets will have to be built to make it work

6. durafish

from 02919

I was picturing the ones where its like a good fot put the front.

7. Ford6.0V

Ford6.0V Junior Member
    from Iowa

No it not that far out. Im sure that someone has done this before. If anyone does read this and has done it please post up some pictures! Thanks

8. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

plus I don't think the plow will connect to the frame cause its sticking out to far I tried a winch bumper on my 96 f250 the bumper was to far out so it wouldn't reach the plow frame .
    post some pics of the bumper on the truck maybe we could come up with ideas.

9. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

The easiest would be swap on a stock bumper for plowing season.
    Or you extend the stock mounts outward 4+ inches.
    Welder, plasma cutter, tape measure and time.
    Anything is doable but......
    jmo

10. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Not sure about your 06, but I took a ranch hand off my Bro-in-laws 2011 ford and put his 2010 blizzard mount on it. Couldn't put the ranch hand back on because the bumper and mounts go in the same place. Plus the bumper sticks out about 4 inches too far even if I did modify it to work together.

11. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

find stock bumper it can be switched out easily as we do it on my friends 05 f350 and we do it in a bout 20 minutes with 2 guys and air tools so he can run his boss v

12. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Why a unimount also why not ultra