1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by garyand snow, Dec 25, 2006.

1. garyand snow

garyand snow Junior Member

I just came home with a new Fisher plow and set it in the yard. Last Friday night, someone stole my 16ft trailer which was setting beside it. How can I keep someone from running off with my plow??? I removed the wiring harness and put a chain around the release handle. Thank of anything else? Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about your trailer.....

I know that some company, don't know what the name is but im sure someone on here does, that makes locks that go on the mounts so you can't get it onto a vehicle.. that should make it safer. But, like many others have said on here, no matter how protected it is, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it!!!

Merry Christmas!!!:waving:

3. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Thats true but if a thief has to work for it most times he or she will most likely pass and go elsewhere.

4. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

stolen trailer!!!!

we had a truck 2003 f-350 duallie 4 by 4 and a 24 foot enclosed trailer stolen from are shop in early nov with about $40,000 in equipment stolen , and are shop is located 100 ft from the state police barracks. we know who the scumbags are that stole the equipment and so do the police but the wheels of justice move so slow. try using gorilla locks ,they go over the whole for your trailer tounge. people are scum bags,the best is the insurance company would not cover the trailer because we did not have it listed on our policy.:realmad: :realmad:

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear about your trailer... Been there... Gorilla Locks work very well, also i use the lock that goes through the tire, if they were to get the lock off the tongue, they can't move the trailer. A chain works well around the frame of the plow to the frame of the truck.....one more thing the best thing for your car or truck is believe it or not a simple battery switch under your hood that will stop anyone.