1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I use this switch??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phoenix827, Dec 5, 2003.

1. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Need to know if I can use this switch to switch between the plow lights and the truck lights? Is going into a 88 S10 with a fisher plow.
    I "THINK" the switch that came with it is bad, and my future BIL found this one.
    This one has what looks like some sort of a resistor going across 2 of the contacts. It does NOT touch the center contact.
    The switch I have now doesn't have that.
    The only thing I can think of is this one is designed for DRL's?
    I got a few (blurry) pics if they help.

switch pics 001.jpg

2. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

3. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

pic 3, sorry so much glare.

switch pics 004.jpg

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

one more

switch pics 005.jpg

5. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

last pic, hope you guys can see it in one of them @ least!:D There is NO other writing on it anywhere.
    Any ideas?

switch pics.jpg

6. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

Yeah should work..
    that same switch I useing on my snow plow lights..

Put the real truck light wire in the middle of switch and truck lights on lower one, snow plow lights on top of switch.
    the high and low lights on both sides..

just take time play with it

that what I did to my..

Steve

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

That switch will not work. You need a 6 pole switch without any of the terminals joined. Whats going to happen with that switch is that you will be sending a signal back out to both the truck and plow lights on either hi or low depending on how you wire the switch.

8. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Thats exactly what I was thinking, crash. Was thinking with the resistor looking thingy:D it MIGHT be for a DRLset-up. Can I just clip it out?

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sure, if you can get the jumper out it will work. do you know what wires go where? Quick run down just in case, one side of the switch will be hi beam side the other is low beam side, center is power in, one end then will be plow side and the other is truck side.

10. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Right, I got that, just wasn't sure if this switch was gonna be useable. I am hopeing this is my lo-beam problem.