1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I use the same controls...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MarineSniper, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Going to swap out my E47 to an E60 on my Jeep YJ. Currently have the two toggle switches. Will these work with the E60 or am I going to have to run a new controller?
    Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The toggles will operate the E60. However what you will notice is the blades tendency to "creep" to the left after repeated raising's. It's simply due to the vastly faster pump and motor of the E60 vs the E47 and it's something you'll either adapt to, or later decide to upgrade to a touch pad style controller, which has a delay feature built into the electrics that eliminates the creeping affect of the E60/toggle combination.

But the toggles are far more reliable.

3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

here is my advice on meyer plow controls get rid of that junk two toggle system although i have seen guys run e60's with it they did not like it i ran an e47 on my truck and got a touch pad system and most are happy with the slik stick (single toggle control)

4. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

How hard (or easy) is it to convert my toggle set up to the touchpad or something else. I run an E60 w/ touchpad in my F250, but this set up is going on my Jeep.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just requires a control harness change to allow the chosen style controller to be used. Try it with the current controls first to see how you like it or don't like it. You can always change it at a later date.

6. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Thanks for the advice. I will let you good people know how it works out (if I decide to actually pull the trigger and replace my 47 with a 60). Semper Fi!!

7. lazypine

lazypine Member

Two Toggle switches

I'm looking at the same issue. Can the single toggle do two functions at once?? (lower and angle at the same time) The e-60 that i have came with the single stick, but i wasnt looking to change the whole harness if it wasnt necesary. Thanks Neal

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, with the single toggle (Slik Stik) you can not angle while in lower/float. You have to flip it up into the center position, angle as needed, then drop back into float.

Control harness's are dependent on the controller so in most cases with a controller change a harness change is also needed. A few exceptions to the rule are on the touch pad designated harness's. Some of those are reusable amongst the other hand held controller with a short adapter pigtail.