1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I use any of my parts on new M series Fisher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by capt caper, Jan 2, 2003.

1. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Hi
    I'd like to change my blade to the new M series. It seems to have a lot better support for the mounts. I hit manholes etc. on town roads and my mounts on my 8ft. HD Fisher don't seem to take it.
    Is there a way I can use my SEHP hydolics, and lights etc. on a new M blade?
    I have a late season 1999 8 ft. and would like to get into a new M series. But it would be nice to use pistons, etc. since mine are like new.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Give me a call, we sell urethane plow edges that will help absorb those impacts and maybe we can save you the cost of a new moldboard. 860-608-1842
    I would think that you should have no problem swapping the hydros, and angle cyl to the new moldboard. The a frame and M series moldbaord kight be specific to each other.
    Dino

3. duke

duke Junior Member

Capt caper
    I see you found the site no problem, I'm sure someone here will have the info you need just give them time. How early can I call you in the morning. I think I'm going to make a run down to see you early rather than later with the coming storm. That way I will have time to put the deflector on before the snow flies.