1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I use a v plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dirtmandan2, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I'm picking up a 2004 f350 crew cab next week. I see no listing on westerns website for a vee on this truck. The truck has a 6 l diesel. Truck must be too heavy. So anyways will there be a problem with a 9' ish vee on this truck other than the gvw.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 9'2" Boss on a F250 and it handles the weight just fine. Just make sure you add enough ballast and you shouldn't have any issues.
  3. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

Ditto here, no probs at all. I carry between 700-1500 lbs in the back depending on the salt supply for ballast. You'll be fine.
  4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have a 8.5' V with wings on my 04 PSD crew cab.
    Ford changed the frame mid year so be sure you get the right truck side mount.
    Good luck
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You should have NO problems.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We run a pair of 6.0 SD's with 810 Blizzards on them. They don't even know the plows are there.
  7. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Thanks guys for the info, this truck is just too big to carry a straight blade, won't look right...
  8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Haha I think you will have no problem.. I mean thats considering the dumba** that plowed for one of my neighbors this year had an 8'6'' blade on his F150.... I sh*t you not... He got stuck almost every time.... Hmm... Wonder why, could it have been the no ballast or just the fact that.... an 8'6'' blade doesnt belong on an f150..