1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I use a dolly with my MD75?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Aveerainc, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I'd like to use snowmobile/plow dollies with my MD75 but after taking a look tonight and trying it does not look like the plow is made to come off unless it's on the ground and not elevated 3-4 inches like you'd get with a dolly. When I tried with the dolly under the blade I was unable to get the jack into the opening because of the kick-stand like thing which pops up to support the light-bar.

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated. If it's not possible then anyone want to buy 3 brand new 1500# dollies?

2. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

BTW- did 22" of snow on my 700' driveway...loving this plow

3. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, I tried to do something similar with mine. It didn't work either. I wish I knew a way myself. I have had a garage built for the truck/plow combo,and the contractor built it just a little short :( The truck/plow combo is just three inches too long! Wanted to do what you want to do also. Sorry I couldn't help!

4. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I'm thinking maybe make a couple of ramps equal height a the dolly and dive on them...the plow would then be at the same height as the dolly... Its the best solution I can come up with at the moment.

5. mightymow

mightymow Junior Member

i have the md75 and when i unhook the plow in my garage i just use a floor jack to lift it up and put dollies under neath it. just unhook it like normal using the jack on the plow then roll the floor jack under the knuckle bolt where the moldboard connects to the frame and it will balance itself jack it up then just slide your dollies under it. let me know if it works it does for me

6. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Thx- I'll give that a try

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i use a floor jack on my boss to if that helps. i think a floor jack will be the best bet.

8. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I think it's easier to maneuver the jeep rather than mess around with the dolly idea...the supplied jack does a good enough job getting the plow to the correct height. I'll use the dolly for end of season storage/maneuvering.

9. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Have you tried dropping the blade on your dollies then backing out. After cleared of mount then jack up rear of plow and place another dollie under the frame. I have used furniture dollies in the past but now just use a forklift and pallet.

10. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I have not fearing it will drop to the ground...I'll take a look over the weekend

11. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

We also used a frame made out of 2x4 and plywood (in the shape of a tee) with wheels on the corners. Then just position the plow assy under the plow and lower. Use the suppied jack and lower completely. This let's you position everything easily.

12. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Place the jack that comes with the blade on the frame as usual before backing out.

13. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I tried using the dolly that came with my old MM2 and it was too high for the low natur of the Snow Dogg frame and jack.