1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I turn on stobe when I turn on touch pad

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by whdahel, Nov 14, 2015.

1. whdahel

whdahel Junior Member

Is it possible to wire a relay to touch pad so it energizes strobes when I turn on the touch pad? Didn't know of energized a out put in a idle state. Thanks guys.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why not just add a normal switch?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Only time power is coming out is when you request a function. Now if you wanted to open the control up I am sure there is a way to do it but like SS said it would be easier just to install its own switch.

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

The touch pad should have a positive and negative wire. So when you flip the switch the controller turns on. Now maybe you could wire a relay on the ground wire like 2 light bulbs in series. I could be wrong though. Do a test with a light and on off switch.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Best question of the night
    OP,
    Explain your logic to us if you don't mind

6. whdahel

whdahel Junior Member

Your right, just figured any time the plow was on the light would be on.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Put everything on separate switches. Every accessory I run is switched. Strobes, aux back-up lighting, and b-up beeper. Can always turn off what you don't want on.

8. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Kind of a cool idea though. I personally like the seperate switch but some times i forget to turn it on so this would help with that.

9. danknight163

danknight163 Member

the only problem i see with this is if you run into alternator problem or battery problems you will want to shut down as much as you can to get the truck home