1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can i still plow with a lift

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Johnson250, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Johnson250

Johnson250 Junior Member
    from Boston

i have recently purchased an 2006 f250. It came with an 8 foot boss plow, and the question is. If i put a lift kit on it, a small one just to fit 35 inch tires would i still be able to plow with it?
  2. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Just make sure you can lower your mount enough so the hydrolic frame sits flat. You might have to make extensions.
  3. supersteve1191

supersteve1191 Member

you should be fine but by putting bigger tires on it you will most likely have to make extensions...but some people say you dont with a boss.
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

My boss has 35's on his f250 no lift. They just rub a bit
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Boss actually sells extension plates for just this purpose. I run Westerns, but it's still possible. See my avatar.....6" with 35's. No different than plowing stock.
  6. mikegp1

mikegp1 Junior Member

I am running a 2" lelveling kit in the from of my 99 F-350 with a 3" body lift and 35" tires.
  7. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

You just need a 2.5" to clear a 35" tire on that 06 depending on what wheels you go with