1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I run a 7'6" plow on my CJ

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by '76cj5, Nov 21, 2007.

1. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

I'm having trouble finding a replacement 7' plow for my CJ. I'm upgrading the front axle to a Dana 44, Would this be enough to hold up a 7'6" plow?
    I also have BDH MIL wrap springs on the fromt with Overload Air Shocks on the front axle. Frame is a brand new AFW. Much stronger than stock.

I have no drop in the front when I raise my plow right now. I'm just worried about the stress on the axle bearings.

I don't want to go back to a 6'6" plow as my front track is wider than my plow width when I'm angled and I'm packing down about 2" of snow on the edges.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

yes How much more weight is the extra 6"
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

don't worry they use the dana 44 in 1/2 trucks, just maintain it and kick snow's posturer ,my 44 has been in my truck since 1961 barring the former owner's screw up (they but a 3.73 geared rear Axel ) and they front had a 4.56 (factory),blew up a axel joint and outer axel shaft
  4. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

Just checked the Meyers plow site and it looks like a 14 lbs difference. :)

Anyone have an extra 7.5" Meyers blade and pump in trade for a 8' 2" Boss Vee plow?