1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I run a 2" leveling kit and still plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JDiepstra, Sep 23, 2008.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody running the 2" leveling kit on the front of their Dodge and plowing? I bought one before I realized it may screw with my plow angle. I plow with 285/70/17 tires so the front mount bar is already mounted as low as it can go. I'm not interested in any further drop brackets or anything. Thanks!

2. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

You sure can!
    I have a 2" leveling kit on both trucks and no issues. the plow jack on my plow (meyers) goes high enough to get to the truck so no need for a block of wood.

I havent had any angle issues since the truck is a little higher now. AND I dont have the extreme nose dive look when hooked up to the blade

Ian

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How high is your mount now?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your already at the lowest push beam height setting and do not want to fabricate in order to lower it further do not raise the truck anymore. With the V's you have to keep them as level as possible to the ground or your going to have problems...namely it's going to want to dig in the V position and push the wings back while plowing in the scoop position since only the wing tips will be touching the ground.

So your only choices are to either leave it alone....or add the 2" lift and drop the push beam with some custom fabrication...as you won't be satisfied with any other results, and neither will your customers. :)

5. JDiepstra

Thanks guys. Who wants a 2" leveling kit cheap???!!! :D

6. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

How cheap? I am interested.

7. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

It must depend on the manufacture. I run a 2" lift with 285's and I have no problems pushing my BOSS around.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like your running a STRAIGHT blade...which does make a difference. They're less critical on push beam height.

9. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

I have 2" levelers on my truck running 33"s Mickey Thompson MTZ's and have no problems with my Hiniker V-Plow.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

All mounts (brand wise) do not have the same amount of adjustability range designed into them. Boils down to plow brand and specific application mostly..

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

how close to the bottom mount holes are you Jdiepstra?

12. JDiepstra

The front bar is as low as it will go. The bottom mount holes are in use!

13. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

That sounds about right. With my 2" setup, I have the bottom holes exposed and I am at 16.5 inches. B&B is right, I have a straight blade, so being higher then what BOSS recommends by 1 inch is no biggie for me. Not sure what that would do with a V Blade. I plan on hooking up a buddys V sometime this winter and see how it does.........If it works out, I will probably upgrade after this season.