1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I put a plow on this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Swampdonkey, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Just wondering if this would be a good driveway plower? :drinkup:

truck1.jpg

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i would worry about traction with such big tires. on the plus side, its a rear engine so there isnt a worry about the front weighing more that the rear. as for a plow, the best for a truck that big is a blizzard, since they are the best plow. you will need a custom mount, probably to the front axle, but since it is a 2.5 ton you shouldnt have any problems. :nod: :)

3. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

What about this one. Bet it can turn on a dime!!!

vb21a.jpg

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I want to know where in the heck did that guy get a set of M-3 tank tracks.

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The Virginia Beach Beast has been around for a long time (the K5 was still a current body then :p).

What I always wondered was--what on earth does he need the Bushwacker fender flares for? :jester:

6. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Windows might be nice along with 10 foot plow markers and a set of mufflers.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i remember seeing monster truck races with those tank tracked trucks. but that was a while ago, probably 10 years or more.
    The fender flares are to keep the blazer street legal since the treads stick out so far. :)

8. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

Whichever one you decide on, JUST REMEMBER TO ANGLE THE PLOW ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!

:realmad:

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Id plow the Beast with a 10 footer or a 12 footer, but the first one has GOT to float all over the road with some snow on it- those tires are WAY too wide. :D

10. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I'll have to dig for the picture but I have one of Bigfoot on tank tracks...

11. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

bigfoot fasttrack

here is bigfoot on tracks

12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I was seriously considering buying a govt surplus 2-1/2 ton truck as a replacement for my Chevy this fall. Found a good price on one, and was deciding on the right plow to adapt when it hit me- at 4MPG on the multifuel engines I'd go broke driving it!! :(