1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I put a plow on my Ram?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, Jun 23, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I have a 95 dodge ram v8 automatic. It's not 4x4. Is this capable enough to outfit it with a plow or would I need a 4x4 with manual tran? Also, how much would it cost to get a new or used plow on something like this for the total price and would it still look nice in the spring and summer when the blade is off?

2. payton

payton Senior Member

while you could put the plow on thie truck. being a early model gen 1 dodge ram. the tranny is ****. its 2wed. your gonna be fighting the entire time your trying to plow. and well ya dont need manual to plow.

find an old beater truck that ya just use to plow with. like the old chevy i was telling you bout.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

With enough weightwesport , the right tirespayup , and good material pre-application you could, but I wouldn't.:cool:

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

its a second gen ram not a first, and no this is a horrible idea.

1. its gonna suck balls for traction. (as in you wont have any)

2. im assuming its a 1500 ram and in this case the truck really wont be able to handle a decient plow, and being a 2wd, its considerably lower then a 4wd ram so thatrs gonna make it suck as well.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Basher. It might be tough with heavy snow, if the snow gets too high, or if you have to stack it.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

trade it in for a 4X4 3/4 ton and it will make the job a lot easier

7. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

looks like I'll be using my shuvels again...lol

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

In one word: NO!!!

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would sell it and buy a 4x4 cause not even with chains with you have the right wieght to push