1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can i put a plow on my explorer from my truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jnhowell, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jnhowell

jnhowell Junior Member
    from ohio

i bought an 88 f250 that broke and i wanna put the plow on my 2002 explorer till i fix it can i do that and use it short term

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

See your local Snoway dealer they have a unit for that vehicle.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think he wants to put the truck plow on the explorer temporarily,not get another set up.

We need some specs on what the plow is.
    My guess is if the plow is off an f250 it probably is to big/heavy for your explorer.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed without knowing exactly what you have for a plow it's hard to say... however I would have to guess anything that was on a 3/4 ton truck is going to be WAY to big and heavy for the Explorer unless you want to wreck it or plan to get rid of it shortly.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would agree. Your Explorer has no where near the front end carrying capacitiy of a 3/4 ton pickup.

6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

umm Sno-Way i have a local dealer in my back yard i might have to check them out