1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I put a MM1 on an 06 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AlbatrossPM, Dec 17, 2015.

1. AlbatrossPM

AlbatrossPM Junior Member

We were getting ready to transfer my MM1 to my 06 Ram 1500. Was looking for push plates, 7180, and I was told I can't get a MM1 on that truck. Called a local fisher dealer and they...kind of confirmed. Does anybody have any info on this? History, ways to make it work, any info would be great.

Thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to have a mm1 on my 2006 Silverado.What size plow is it?

3. AlbatrossPM

7'6". I was told it was 06-08 ram 1500 and a couple years of Chevy 1500, like 07-09 or around there

4. chevyzrule810

As long as the plow and truck are both 3 plug it will work

5. AlbatrossPM

Its not the wiring or anything. Its that it physically cannot fit. The plow frame hits the bumper before the pins even reach the frame. Just want to see if anyone has any first hand experience with this

6. chevyzrule810

Go here and check and make sure you have the correct mounts for your truck.

http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/ematch.php

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Push plates are the same for MM1 and MM2. The difference is in the head gear.

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Aren't the headgear on a mm1 a little closer to the truck where the mm2 are more out in front? Might be where your problem is.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The last time someone posted about this issue the headgear was badly bent. Post a picture of you plow.

10. AlbatrossPM

I've gotten word that the MM1 frame and headgear are shorter than the MM2. When trying to hook up the pins never reach the frame.

11. chevyzrule810

If it was on another dodge and chevy before yours why wouldn't it work on your truck?Did you get the truckside setup with the plow? I think you have the wrong pushplates for your truck.The pushplates bolt up,but don't stick out far enough from the bumper to mount the plow.Could you post some pictures of just the plow,the pushplates,and what it looks like when you go to hook it up.That will give us a better idea of what your working with