1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I put a meyers C-Serise plow on a regular 1996 F150?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by BackUp.morris, Aug 26, 2011.

1. BackUp.morris

BackUp.morris Junior Member
    from IL

I lost my F250 due to a fire in the engine and it burnt up the whole front end of the truck ill put up pics of it. But would I b able to put it on all though i was looking on the meyers site and it said that the plow was ment for 3/4 ton trucks and greater but i just want expert opinions with snow plows..

2. BackUp.morris

BackUp.morris Junior Member
    from IL

Sorry the picture doesn't work... but from the cab all the way up is destroyed... it melted the hood and the engine headers and radiator. but i got the plow mount off but i need a new pump for it.. cuz my pump sits on the metal brace do you know where to find one?
  3. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

You can check ebay, craigslist, or smith bros. for new pumps...

You're really pushing the limit on weight.....an st series is about 650lbs fully dressed...a c series is heavier and will really punish your front end. You could have a mount fabbed up, and it might work for your own drive, but you are really overloading that poor half ton.

The safe bet is to trade up your truck, or down your plow.