1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I put a 9' BOSS on my F250?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by alldayrj, Dec 9, 2011.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I took all the wiring out of our old dump truck, and I have the blade (needs a little welding I can do my self). the only thing I need to buy is the mount to have a "free" 9' plow on my truck. but is it too big/heavy? the truck is a 2003 F250 crew cab long bed (truck in my signature). I will get specific info on the plow, but its at least 6 years old, 9', one square plug and and a dual pole plug and full trip blade.

thanks guys ussmileyflag

[​IMG]

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I woudlent worry about ti too much.

3. alldayrj

I tried matching it up on BOSSs website but it says no. (they dont have the 6.0 option for 03's so I put 04.) that still didnt work so I put regular cab and they listed an 8'6" superduty so whats 6" between friends right!?

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

why not? put 800lbs in the bed and you're set. if you're worried, put a set of timbrens in the front.

5. I have one on my f250 its a 2000 gas but now I bought a 8.2 v. for a good price.

6. alldayrj

this makes me feel a lot better. I guess Big Blue is getting a Big Red plow for Christmas this year

7. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

I have an 04 crew cab short bed 6.0L with a 9.2 v. I did put an extra leaf in the front spring pack, as well added air bags, (both front and rear) didn't need the airbags but makes things nice when dealing with heavy wet snow. I run about 1000 lbs worth of suitcase weights against the tailgate, with about 35 lbs of air in my rear air bags. I have never had a problem.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. alldayrj

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most Fords come with the plow prep.

10. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

my brother has a 9 ft boss on a 1979 k1500 reg cab lol it pushes snow so i cant see why this wouldnt work

11. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

I have an 8' boss with wings, that's 10', on a 2011 F250 with the 6.2l. Works fine.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Yes, you can.

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We had one on the same truck you have but in a 2004 and it worked ok was a bit heavy but with some weight in the back it will push it just fine

14. What are you waiting for pushing has seen my plow I have a 9 foot super duty with wings that put me at 11.5 feet wide. And that truck will move some snow.

15. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Check what your FGAWR is. It's on the door sticker.

My biggest worry would be what type of sites you'll be doing. That thing turns like a tank.

16. alldayrj

seems like its a no brainer. It already turns like a tank, a 7' plow isnt gonna help that, might as well go big haha.

now the question is the mount and wiring it up. How specific is the wiring harness to the vehicle? I tried my best to keep it clean when I cut it out of the old dump truck.

Also, how do I tell if its an RT2 or RT3 mount? I'm scouring craigslist for one...

17. TechGuy1234

TechGuy1234 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Man If I was you I would run the 4104 coil rite kit from firestone to help keep the nose of the truck up.

18. alldayrj

thats a rear kit..?

19. TechGuy1234

from Indiana

The 4104 is a Front Coil rite kit and will help keep the nose of the truck up when the plow is on.

20. TechGuy1234

from Indiana

Rear kit is a 2330 kit.