1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I plow with my new-to-me 2002 TJ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tcv49, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tcv49

tcv49 Junior Member

Hi....I'm a newbie with my TJ and am thinking of getting a plow for it this fall. Its a 2002 X, 6 cylinder, 5 speed named Henry. Does anyone have any advice for me? Someone said you shouldn't plow with a standard transmission, others have said 'no problem' so long as you don't mind the shifting. If I do get a plow, should I do anything to the front end? Any advice or wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks.......
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

You could put a small plow on it no problem.The standard trans will do fine,if you don't mind shifting it.

A set of Timbrens,or Mopar air shocks will help keep the front end up with the weight of the plow.
  3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Your truck will plow just fine i think. just get a lighter plow for it. Maybe sno-way. Some timbrens will help your front end carry the plow. The standerd tranny should hold uppumpkin:
  4. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

You named your vehicle Henry? What is a TJ anyway?
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

A TJ is a newer model Jeep.
  6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

get a small light weight plow 6 foot truck should be fine good luck
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hit up the search button you will find info about plowing with Jeeps there. I myself run a 6'6" Western on my Cherokee. Many guys on here run Westerns on their Wranglers.

8. penberth

penberth Member

Wrangler with plows.

TJ is the two letter Jeep designation for Wrangler. Every Jeep has a two letter code.

A few of them are....
    XJ - Cherokee
    MJ - Comanche
    WJ - 99 and newer Grand Cherokee.
    KJ - Liberty
    TJ - 97 newer Wrangler
    YJ - 86 - 95 Wrangler
    ZJ - 93 - 98 Grand Cherokee
    CJ -- ran forever until 85 ish...

Anyways, the most popular plows available to the Wranger are...
    Fisher 6'9"
    Meyer 6'6"
    Western 6.5' & 7'2"
    Snoway 6'8"

Jeep recommends the Mopar air shocks....but timbren load boosters would work too.

Like SnoplowJay said, do a search on this site for Jeep, there has been a ton of posts.

Also as a side note, you can head over to www.jeepsunlimited.com and do a search on the Wrangler forum. Plows have been discussed over there a bunch too.
  9. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Just as an FYI...

Blizzard has introduced for the 2003-2004 season, the Model 680LT Straight Blade Snow Plow. The unit is 6'8" wide and weighs in at about 350 pounds and is built quite solid!

Undercarriages are available for your Jeep. The plow comes standard with the Power Hitch which will make hookup to the Jeep pretty simple.

Good luck!
  10. tcv49

tcv49 Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. Happy snow plowing!!
  11. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2003