1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can i plow with a 2 wheel drive

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by lehnerex, Dec 6, 2009.

1. lehnerex

lehnerex Junior Member
    from 43015

i just installed a used 48" cycle country plow on a suzuki ozark 250 2x4. Does any one know if it will be able to handle sidewalks in central ohio. We dont get many heavy snows. Also thought i could leave it at home for wife to get in and out as my drive is the last one to get done.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you don't get into a lot of snow you should be all right IMO.

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I had this exact setup and carried it on a large hitchhauler with a 2wd truck. It did a great job up to probably 4 inches. I'm in sw Ohio so it worked good most of the time. I have a picture of it titled "my heavy duty hitch hauler". The only thing I would do different if I still had that quad was use a winch instead of the manual lift.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have an arctic cat 400 2wd with a plow. It did great. but it needed chains for bigger amounts of snow.

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

For sure, get some chains, maybe a little added weight and as long as your not plowing alot of snow you should be fine.

6. lehnerex

lehnerex Junior Member
    from 43015

Thanks for the info i just got it all hooked up tonight and am pleased. I have a winch so i used the lift handle cable to release the angle position. Im hoping i can use it to change angle from seat by turning with the plow down or brushing the side i want to angle to against some snow. Hope it works. thanks again

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

good luck with your setup. Post up some pics if you get a chance.

8. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

would like to c Pics of how you did this as well.

for plowing add some weight to the Back and Tire Chains and you should be fine.

sublime out.

9. lehnerex

lehnerex Junior Member
    from 43015

i used the existing lift mechanism hande cable and pully, all i had to do was drill a hole in the locking bar below its pivot point and run the cable thru it. very simple fix. every thing is spring loaded from the factory so it took one hole and a shorter cable. I will try to get pics up soon.

10. Fabricator

Fabricator Junior Member

You sure can.
    I kid you not, I had a plow on my 300 EX with chains and plowed a lot of snow 2 years ago.
    You have to plow with the snow but you can do it.
    Have fun, be safe.