1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can i mount an older v plow with a conventional mount on a 2001 f250?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1st image, Nov 13, 2011.

1. 1st image

1st image Junior Member

new to boss here.
    thought i got a plow with a rt2 mount. evidently it appears to be a rt2 plow with conventional mount.

any suggestions as to how to go about getting this fabricated to my truck? ive got a 2001 ford f 250. i do have a complete mount including push beam from a 99 dodge ram 2500.

no wonder the plow dealers thought i was nuts when explaining what i had.

any help would be great.

thanks alot.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're attempting to mate an RT2 plow to a conventional (RT1) mount? :confused: :confused:

3. 1st image

1st image Junior Member

Hell I don't know.
    Its a power v 9.2
    I was told its an rt2 but someone else told me its a ry2 right before
    The smart hitch systym came out.

It has the pump and lights on the plow,
    2 long pieces that slide under the carriage, which has a locking arm to keep it in place.

Please somebody help.....

I need a mount to get this onto a 01 f250 superduty.

Thanks a ton

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's an RT2 and you just need an RT2 mount for the truck application, which would be a LTA02429 for your '01 Super Duty. Plus any truck side wiring depending on what you do or do not have for that.

Boss plow pump (187).jpg

5. 1st image

1st image Junior Member

Thank you.

Your pic is exactly what I have.

I have a mount from a 99' dodge ram 2500,

I was quoted like almost $1000 for the mount.
    There's gotta be a way to get this on my truck affordablt.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes that particular mount is obsolete so a new one will take some searching but there still around in dealer stock. There's used ones around as well, just takes some searhcing. Another options is to purchase a new or used RT3 mount so you get all the needed side plates and braces and then cut the Dodge pushbeam down to fit. It's 4" wider than the Ford pushbeams so there's plenty there to work with.

So there's still a couple different ways you can go.

7. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Did you get a mount with it that fits your truck? If you did and the push beam is not correct fabricate your dodge push beam to the mount that fits your truck. If you Don't have a mount that fits your truck then as said above you need a RT2 mount for your truck, look in the classifieds. I don't think they made a RT1 mount for your truck but I may be wrong.

Sorry B&B must have been typing at the same time as you, Yes as B&B said

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. 1st image

1st image Junior Member

Thank you.
    I've searched and searched,
    I cannott seem to find a rt2 mount anywhere.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Thanks for the advice

9. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Look on your local Craigslist or find a fab shop that has put plows on trucks before and have them fab a mount for your truck using the Dodge push beam.

There is a 06 Ford mount and wire harness on the classifieds you would have to check if the 06 mount fits your 01 the push beam is probably RT3 but again you could cut your Dodge one down to fit.